Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!


Thanksgiving to me means many things, but one unique to me is jello. Not just any jello, but the one pictured above.

Many will see it and think, in the words of my thesis advisor, it appears to be nothing more than a "dog's breakfast." But I assure you it is not. Some do not undersatnd the use of a vegetable, carrots, in what they consider a dessert.

I used to think this was some family recipe, but I found out many families make this jello around the holidays! I could eat a bowl of it. I only have it at Thanksgiving and sometimes it was made for my birthday.

The recipe could not be any more easy. Lemon jello, shredded carrots, crushed pineapple and walnuts. The thicker the jello is. . .the better it is!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home