Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Monday, November 12, 2007

Letterpressing!


You know when they say walk a mile in one's shoes to know what they know? Well I walked for a day and a half and have a whole new impression, pun intended, of the letterpress process.

Furniture, reglets, coins, lead, timpan. So many new words, a whole new print vocabulary actually. I was a little intimidated by the actual press, but in reality, it is quite benign and easy to use. Even the cleaning of it is quite simple (brought me back to my deli days and cleaning the meat slicers)!

I got three things done over the day and a half workshop. I made kind of an art print, created a potential image for my New Year card, and tried to get a group print going that was 75% succesful. All will be shared over the next couple of days!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home