Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Friday, October 26, 2007

What is going on?!


Today, as the Education Chair of AIGA Chicago, I was at Robert Morris College's Design Symposium spreading the gospel of AIGA to the masses.

As an incentive to sign up, I offered students the opportunity to be entered into a drawing for an autographed (the large signature) copy of Milton Glaser's book Art is Work if they signed up for a membership. It was not the best incentive! To my dismay, many students had no idea who Milton Glaser was. Actually, dismay is a little soft, to my horror, very few knew who Milton Glaser was. Hello students! I Love (Heart) New York?

Have they not been taught this at all? Never seen his work? I am not sure where this omission has happened as students are not always the best at recall. I know Milton is a bit old, but not knowing who he is? At least in a historical context!

Needless to say, no one won the book or signed up. But they all went away with boxes of matches, a premium AIGA National has created.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 5:34 AM, Blogger scarydinosaur said...

well, if you just have signed glaser books lying around i could always take one off your hands!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home