Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

$3.44/hour


Today, I did my civic duty as juror no. 51850326. For that role, the county paid me $17.20 which places a value of my time at $3.44 an hour. That is way below minimum wage. I was there for 5 hours only. They released us early as there were trials cancelled or postponed in the afternoon. Had I been there until 5, or as they said possibly 6, my hourly wage would have dropped to $2.02/hour.

I was in panel 10 which was never called. I watched more Maury Povich than I had ever imagined I would. I also read and did some Sudoku, texted a friend and waited til my time was done.

I have decided to donate the money so that my wasted day has some better purpose. Most of my charities are environemtnal or health based. Suggestions for the donation that has to do with justice would be appreciated!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Blogger Willie Baronet said...

Dude, you were overpaid! ;-)

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger the knitrider said...

They MAKE you watch Maury? shudder. I know nothing of justice charities now that I am outa college, sorry.

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger mace said...

God bless Uhmerikuh.

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Lisa Ryan said...

local law enforcement agency, rape crisis center, madd

 

Post a Comment

<< Home