Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Collaborative print


One of the great things about letterpress is the many layers created as you print. The transparent inks create all new images on their own when applied.

I thought it would be fun if everyone in the workshop added a layer to a print. I started it out with some 8's and passed them along to the other groups. Some came out nicer than others. Some did not understand the whole collaborative thing. Eventually, I asked people to run my "first layer" prints through their presses. When they saw what was h appening they caught on.

This print was one of the best with something added from all three presses!

Letterpress word of the day: Furniture – noun Also called bearer, dead metal. Printing. pieces of wood or metal, less than type high, set in and about pages of type to fill them out and hold the type in place in a chase or on the bed.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home