Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Small town, Big fun!


Last weekend I was visiting Peru, IL, population just under 10,000. Saturday there was a St Patrick's Day parade in Utica, population about half of Peru!

The pictures above are of every "float" in the parade, except for the fire truck and ambulance at the end! The last parade of this size I was at was the Blueberry Festival Parade in South Haven, MI!

Facts about this parade:
• The parade route was about a single block long, but the parade came around twice!
• If you had a car. . . you had a float.
• People just plain love getting beads!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did they prop a body up in the hearse to waive too? Was St. Patrick (Whoever he is) exhumed?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home