Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Grand Rapids, MI


I just returned from a couple of days in Grand Rapids. I was there to particpate in Kendall College of Art and Design's annual career day. Had a great time, met lots of new people and saw lots of new work.

The one things that stands out to me, and what the picture above alludes to, is that they do not call that structure you see by the name most other people would call it. . . a parking garage. In Grand Rapids, the locals call it a ramp, a parking ramp! They are typically named for the streets they are found on. For example, if the garage is on the corner of Pearl and Ionia, the sign on the structure is The Pearl/Ionia Ramp.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home