Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Monday, March 24, 2008

Seeing Things Differently


Who sees beauty in old crushed found beer cans?

Artist Paul Villinski sees great beauty in these cast offs in creating his series Butterfly Beer Cans. In his artist statement he says:

"Who leaves these crushed beer cans – forlorn evidence scattered in the streets of the city? I take these “dead soldiers” – every one of them once raised to someone’s lips – and breathe new life into them, changing them into images that suggest the possibility of change itself. A kind of conceptual unity develops between materials, process and imagery: my practice in the studio mimics the act of transformation that butterflies symbolize everywhere, in all cultures."

He also creates beauty from fond gloves making wonderfully whimsical flying machines and plays with light.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home