Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Monday, August 11, 2008

Throwing Clay: Some results #10 - Covered jars


It is not. . .NOT my intent for my blog to turn into a pottery showcase, but it has been a really great hobby and I just wanna share!

We most recently learned to make covered jars. They are actually made as one piece that is made with a huge void inside it only later to have the lid cut from the base exposing the hollow center! Sounds easier than it is.

These are the first three I made. Details from the top!

Top: 2" tall 3.375" diameter; matte blue and glossy brown glazes. This is a gift for a neighbor who was taking the class but had to drop out. She gave me her clay so I made her this jar as a thank you!

Center: 2" tall 4.375" diameter; matte white and brick red glazes

Bottom: 4" tall 4" diameter; temoku and glossy black glazes. The rust colored rim is unglazed and the two pieces (lid and base) were fired separated which gives them the toasty color as compared to the rims of the other two which were fired covered/together.

Now my only question is, what to use these containers for?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The top one is really pretty! I want to make some of these, my first one....NOT SO GREAT!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home