Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Monday, August 04, 2008

Throwing Clay: Some results #9 - Gingko Plate


I am starting to better get the hang of glazing! I feared it for the longest time but as I do it, I understand better how it blends, works, how to control it etc.

This is the only plate I have made so far and I am liking it a whole bunch! It measures 10.5" in diameter. I glazed it by rubbing bobby green glaze into the leaf impressions and then glazed over the whole plate with glossy white. Other than a couple of thick glaze spots. . .

We learned how to make covered jars/containers. I have three ready for the bisque and one still drying. I also made a couple things with some donut forms! Next I am going for a pitcher. A real pitcher one can use for some ice cold beverages! I had one going Saturday, but then nearly lost it and called in some professional help. I have to pull a handle tomorrow for it and then conquer the next all on my own!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home