Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Friday, December 21, 2007

Today is NOT my parent's anniversary!


Every year my mother does not expect a call from me on their anniversary. That is because I usually call the next day, the 21st, to say happy anniversary. Their anniversary is the 20th.

Yesterday, I looked at the calender, saw the day, and said to myself, their anniversary is tomorrow. Today I woke up and realized it was the 21st, and then said, their anniversary was yesterday, so I called and wished my mother a happy belated anniversary.

Why? I do this every year! I believe it started many years ago when my mother told me their anniversary was the 21st so that I would miss it and not buy them a gift. I do not understand why, but as I was a child, I went along with it. I gave them a gift that year on the 21st and was told the anniversary was the 20th. Ever since then I go through this 20th/21st debate.

Fortunately, my parents expect this, so when I do not call on the 20th, they patiently wait for the call on the 21st. Last year I actually got it right to everyone's surprise!

Happy 48th Anniversary!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home