Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Friday, December 14, 2007

Friends and Glass


One of the last gifts I got for Hannukah was a Calico ball (U from yesterday's post). I really love glass, colored glass, clear glass, cut glass, I have even blown glass. So this was quite a nice and thoughtful gift.

With it came a little card that explained:

Calico Ball - This beautiful hand blown glass window ornament is traditional, known as a symbol of friendship. It sparkles in the light the way a good friend brings sparkle to your life. The colors swirl and mingle across the surface of the ball enhancing each other just as the talents and varied personalities of your friends bring color to your life. This ball has intriguing ripples and ridges making it a delight to touch as well as behold. Just like friends, no two are alike.

One could also add that like glass, friendships could be fragile too and need to be cared for.

I have it hanging underneath a light in my living room where it adds a warm glow every evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home