Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Monday, December 24, 2007

My parents got a Christmas Tree this year!


This is the FIRST time in my life that they have done so. Here are the stats!
• It is a beautiful Blue Spruce;
• It is approximately 75' tall;
• The ceilings in the house are approximately 9' high;
• It will NOT fit in the front door;
• It needs a little pruning!

All kidding aside! This is what my parents woke up to Sunday morning. Their neighbors' 40+ year old tree came crashing down to the ground Saturday night/Sunday morning in a wind storm!

The good news is, my parents huge pine tree seems to have deflected the tree from hitting the house and suffered the breakage of two or three solid branches. Good thing as if the tree fell in its path, it would have hit my parent's house and created much damage. As it is, it simply lies across their front yard. We cut a path through the tree so they can walk straight out their front door!

The police tape is for safety. When the tree was uprooted, very shallow root ball, it pulled up a power line to the neighbors outside lamp. And the tree is lying across the sidewalk. But is makes it look all CSI!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, Blogger Lisa Ryan said...

Glad it did not cause any major damage!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home