Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Small Town America


Cooperstown, NY

My recent trip to Syracuse took me on a road trip to Cooperstown, about 2 hours southeast of Syracuse. home of the Baseball Hall of Fame. Located as one would expect on Main Street!

Everything about Cooperstown is about baseball. Main Street is maybe 8 blocks long, one of the blocks being the Hall of Fame. Shops sell mostly ice cream, baseball keepsakes or are restaurants. I am sure there is more but that is what makes up downtown Cooperstown. Cooperstown is also nestled in a valley of the Adirondacks, I believe. Several country roads up and through them are taken to get there.

The Hall is quite reverred by baseball fans. It is a small place by museum standards and from what I had expected. But the exhibits were actually really interesting and there were plenty of Chicago references to make me feel at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home