Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Monday, July 31, 2006

Snickers


Yeah there is oodles of talk about the new Snickers campaign, and I guess this is my two cents.

I like it! I think it is eye catching. And in our world today is quite an accomplishment. I think as soon as you see it, even if you cannot read it, it delivers the message that it is a Snickers bar. It could say "Have A Nice Day" which may be a better choice and you still know it's a Snickers.

Language is a tricky thing. Satisfectellent, Nougatocity, Substantialicious, and Peanutopolis, are the rest of the campaign message. I will agree that most things "ectomy," appendectomy, lumpectomy, are not wonderful things that you would want associated with a tasty treat. So let's hit the hand of the copywriter but applaud the art director.

1 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Blogger rzdesign said...

I looked up what the suffix -ectomy means, and I think I am now doubting even my own position!

-ectomy suff. Surgical removal: tonsillectomy

Hungerectomy - Removal of hunger! And that is a good thing for Snickers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home