Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Holy Hogwarts!


This is actually one of the staircases in the New York State Capital in Albany, though it could be one from Harry Potter.

The Senate Staircase is sometimes called the Evolutionary Staircase because of the many carvings of animals which decorate it. The stair was constructed between 1883 and 1885 and is mostly sandstone.

An interesting fact about sandstone. It is actually quite soft by stone standards when first quarried, thus it is able to be easily and ornately carved. Over time it hardens thus making it quite durable.

1 Comments:

At 8:32 PM, Blogger Lisa Ryan said...

Nice staircase.
Looks like the capitol would be a cool place to explore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home