Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Confession


I collect hotel shampoos!

It is not really a collection. I do not have them all displayed on some hand carved shelf or in a curio cabinet, but I do have quite a collection in a bag in my bathroom linen closet.

Typically, I only take the shampoo, conditioner and bar soap, daily, as they are kind enough to replace them daily. But being a designer, I sometimes have to take everything, right down to the bath hat and boot buffer, both names which make me chuckle! Sometimes the private label packaging design is really nice.

This collection of bath treats is from the Renaissance Ilikai Hotel in Oahu where I recently stayed. The back row has mint thyme hair wash, yuzu bergamot body wash, yuzu bergamot moisturizer, mint thyme creme rinse, the bath hat and boot buffer. In the front is lemongrass bar soap and lavender facial soap.

Funny thing, I am not alone in this collecting. And when I find myself staying with someone who too has this affliction, there is a moment of horror as to who will take the amenities as a keepsake!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Blogger rzdesign said...

What the hell is bergamot?

Bergamot
(Monarda didyma)
Bergamot is an American herb that was once widely used by native Americans. It was introduced to the early colonists by the Oswego Indians, and Oswego tea was made by colonists during the time of the Boston Tea Party. The dark pink, red and purple flowers smell pleasantly of oranges. They are a nice addition to the flower border and attract bees. Many people kow the more popular bee balm, also in the monarda family.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Lisa Ryan said...

you just have to be careful when you are staying in a hotel a week or more that your "free loot" doesn't put your baggage over the weight limit.

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger rzdesign said...

And now the answer to another question.

What is yuzu?

Yuzu
The yuzu [YOO-zoo] is a Japanese citrus fruit (Citrus junos (Rutaceae)) which about the size of a tangerine and is quite sour. Most commonly the rind is used to flavor various dishes such as vegetables, fish or noodles. The Yuzu is difficult to find in the U.S. You can obtain bottled juice or dry, powdered yuzu. Occasionally you may find fresh fruit but it is quite rare in the U.S.

 
At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Laurence said...

I found a great deal of helpful info in this post!
site | check | link

 

Post a Comment

<< Home