Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Stunned Silence


Have you ever been to a movie where something happens and the audience is stunned silent? I mean pin-drop silent?

See Brokeback Mountain. It is a relationship movie beyond everything you have read and heard. A deeply touching relationship movie. One could even say a love story. Ang Lee did not pull many punches. He told the story beautifully as it should have been told. The accolades it has received are all well deserved.

6 Comments:

At 6:21 PM, Blogger mace said...

Thank goodness one of my friends is FINALLY saying that. Even though I thought it was a little too long, I love - LOVE Ang Lee and his imagery. And Ledger was awesome ... sigh.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger rzdesign said...

I am more of a Gyllenhaal fan. But Alison would agree with you.

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Lisa Ryan said...

I'm looking forward to seeing it. I've heard many mixed reviews from friends.

I do believe this is where "I desire the fact that I have known the manner which is stopped!" came from? :-)

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Willie Baronet said...

It fucking rocked.

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Lisa Ryan said...

it really did stun you silent! you're not even posting.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger rzdesign said...

no, i am just still wrapping my head around it's power. the silence was the whole fuckin' theatre went dead silent after an early scene. pin-fuckin-dead-silent!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home