Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Friday, February 03, 2006

New Rich


Mass products meet luxury

In their latest collection, Big-game questions the meaning of accessories and offers new alternatives to jewelry. This series of objects entitled “NEW RICH" results from the confrontation between mass products and luxury.

When gold replaces plastic, democratic and functional objects become exclusive in a subtle way.

“We’ve picked standard, universal products, and replaced a part of each object by an equivalent in gold," explains Elric Petit. “We love the shrewd blend between the down-to-earth functionalism of mass-products and the ultimate precious material: gold."

The scenography of Big-game's exhibition in Köln reflects this ambiguity as it is inspired by black-market peddlers. The black suitcase that serves as a display stand for the objects is regularly carried around the fair grounds to meet visitors.

"Why buy a luxury lighter when you can have a deluxe BIC lighter?” asks Adrien Rovero.

Pimp your Bic pen, Apple headphones, Bic lighter, Swatch watch, jewelry and drawing pins with the "New Rich" collection!

4 Comments:

At 8:10 AM, Blogger Willie Baronet said...

jewellery?? I love you my man, but I can't get down with bad speling.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger rzdesign said...

must be a european thing! i copied it from their website.

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger mace said...

copy cat!!!

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger rzdesign said...

you're killin' me baronet!

consider it fixed

 

Post a Comment

<< Home