Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Equus


The purpose for my recent trip to New York was to see Equus. The trip was planned around the purchase of the tickets for the show.

I bought a show poster as a souvenier, it seemd like the thing to do when you are at the show and amazed by the production! But on second look, it is a really nicely done poster.

Many of these show posters, show the star smiling, or tell you what the whole show is about. And while this one does do that at some level, it also tells you everything about the show without giving anything away!

The image is an amazing interpretation of the play, the young boy and a horse being merged into one image. The logo tells you of the metal spike, the tail of the Q, that Alan, the main character, uses for his crime.

My one minute review of the show. . . quite brilliant! Everything I read prior and since it lived up to. Daniel Radcliffe, formerly known as Harry Potter has most definitely left his wizarding robes in London! Richard griffiths is not off the stage for more than minutes and is brilliant. The added bonus was that of Kate Mulgrew, who plays the attorney who brings Alan to Dysart's office to begin the dicovery of this mystery.

Going to New York? get youself to the Broadhurst Theatre for a treat!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home