Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Green Menorah


The Recycling Center at Columbia Cllege Chicago along with the Hillel group is holding a Green Menorah competition.

My student design group decided to join the fray! This is my submission!

"Papyrus to Pixels and Beyond"

Since the invention of paper, artists and designers have put their mark on communication.

This menorah celebrates this fact in changing from simple paper (swatches) to early printed media (newspapers) through four color printing and the offset press (Pantone color swatches) to the advent of the computer (the keyboard) to communicating virtually (the internet and wires). These materials were applied to a tube which represents the pipeline of information and how these various media have informed and changed the way we, as designers, communicate.

Materials used: Paper from swatchbooks, newspaper, Pantone color swatches, computer keyboard, wire, cardboard tube, gator board and laser caps

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home