Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Throwing Clay: Some results #14 - Pie Plate


I must admit, this is the first piece I actually made as intended. What I mean is that the many other pieces have been fun to make, but have not always been the picture in my mind. I do not mean I wanted a pasta bowl and ended up with a mug. I ust may have pictured the pitcher as something else but got what you see. This pie plate, however, is exactly what I wanted.

See, clay shrinks as it dries, about 15%. So when you make something you kind of have to make it oversized.

Well, I wanted a 9" pie plate, as most recipes call for that size. And if you measure this, you will see it measures just over 9" across the bottom, and flares open to about 9.5"

It is glazed in brick red, with matte white along the edge. When the matte white runs it creates some beautiful blue streaks!

Mmm, pie!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, Blogger Lisa Ryan said...

a pumpkin pie would look lovely in this!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home