Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Throwing Clay: Some results #11 - Small Pitchers


Finally, some pieces with pulled handles! It was a goal to make something requiring a handle and to get those handles pulled! They aint as easy as you think! And the process looks as dirty as it sounds! But I am getting the hang of it. I feel like going back and making a couple of mugs from the first class with a real handle!

These pitchers are on the small side, they hold about a quart!

On the left: 6" tall, approx.4.5" in diameter; glazed in matte white and brick red. I love the glazing on the handle where all the edges are highlighted and was hoping for the same on some of the details on the pitcher itself.

On the right: 7" tall, approx. 4.5" in diameter; glazed in glossy white inside, glossy black and temoku on the outside. Again, I was hoping for more bleeding/running of the glaze and highlighting of details on pitcher!

I have another larger pitcher waiting to be fired!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home