Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Kill Your Babies!


Just got back from the New York Art Directors Club Student Portfolio Review where eight students from the school, Columbia College Chicago, showed their work.

I came away with a wonderful direct piece of advice for students. I always tell students that when they think they have the solution to do more work because the next batch of ideas will undoubtedly take them somewhere new.

Wayne Best of TAXI New York, chair of the Art Director day of the show, said it like this "Kill Your Babies!" In other words, when you get to that wonderfully precious solution you are in love with and do not want to do anything more because the "baby" may become jealous or obsolete, kill the baby! Self edit! Push YOURSELF!

Love it!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home