Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Monday, February 05, 2007

Cirque + Britto + Chicago Bears =


A bit of a mess!

Just goes to show that when you just mix up a lot of good things, you do not always get a better result.

I love Cirque! I am going to see yet another show on the 18th, Delirium. Britto's artwork makes me smile with its bright graphic patterns, I even own a print. And of course I was cheering on the home team!

But together, Cirque and Britto along with music from Louie Vega, NOT Lou Bega known for Mambo No.5 (A little bit of Monica by my side. . .) made kind of a visual mess. Lots, LOTS going on and nothing to focus on so it just looked like a lot of people running around. Then again, it may have been just how they shot it for TV! There were cool glimmers of butterfly kites, tall figures suspended between poles, brightly colored "Britto" helium balloons.

Then you add the Bears AMAZING first 30 seconds and you thought okay, I could forgive the opening, but then we all know how that ended. Not the best of Superbowl Sundays for me in Chicago.

And the commercials were not all that great either. Dave and Oprah was a surprise. The Budweiser slapping was funny. I even laughed at the Kevin Federline spot. Copywriters wrote better lyrcs than he ever could! But not much more stands out.

1 Comments:

At 9:39 PM, Blogger Lisa Ryan said...

I'm sorry I missed it, even if it was confusing! The rock, paper, scissors commercial was funny too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home