Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Don't Try This at Home!


Diamond Head is a must see when on the island of O'ahu. As Craig and Corie have never been, I returned too.

A sign greeted us at the beginning of the trail. Number one and two on this sign were 1: Wear comfortable walking shoes and 2: Bring water. We were able to buy some bottled water for the trek, but as you can see in the photo, we all chose sandals and flop flips for our hike!


I remember many steps and not such a long walk fourteen years ago. Corie asked if there were boulders on the mile plus walk up to the peak, I assured her there wasn't. It ended up being quite the hike, at the top it decided to rain. The rain was refreshing but it was the rather windy conditions that made the rain feel like small needles that made us take whatever cover we could find at the summit!

On the path there is a tunnel you pass though maybe three quarters of the way up. On the way down I was a bit naughty. As we passed a group of people, in said tunnel, we were coming down, they on their way up, I waited just long enough and then yelled ahead to Craig saying "Should we tell them it is closed?"

3 Comments:

At 6:12 AM, Blogger Willie Baronet said...

Just trying to get over that pun in the title of your last post. Groaning.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Willie Baronet said...

And dude, time for a PEDICURE.

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger rzdesign said...

How do you know whose eet are whose? Mine just may be the ones with the toes all did up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home