Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A really nice happy!

I was on sabbatical from school last semester. Damn what a great perk THAT is!

I am back in the classroom as an earlier post explained. I have been meeting with students who I did not see last semester, some graduated in the winter.

Today, I met with a student who has a big interview this Friday. She wanted some feedback on her book and to talk about this place (it is a rather big name shop in Chicago). I looked at her work, really nice! She was always a hard worker and was not surprised by her book at all.

Later in the afternoon I received this email:

"Thanks so much for taking the time to meet up. It's good to see you back at Columbia...things just weren't the same without you around. I really appreciate the feedback and insight. I'll keep you posted on how things go on Friday."

This is why I teach! And if anyone is looking for a entry level, eager, talented designer, I will be happy to forward her name along. This one needs to work and start her career and do the profession proud!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home