Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Put your mailbox on a diet!


Here is a new way to eliminate all those unwanted catalogs you receive. Catalog Choice is a free service that lets you decline those catalogs that fill your mailbox and end up in the trash anyway. And it lets you avoid the phone system hell that you will encounter if you try calling to cancel a catalog.

Eliminating the catalogs BEFORE you receive them is another way to improve our lives, and conserve our planet's natural resources. Forget about recycling the catalog, just never receive it!

BRAVO to the merchants who have set up a merchant account 
and are honoring your requests. The fewer catalogs they have to produce will save them money and all of us resources. Some of these are Lands' End, L.L. Bean and even Pottery Barn!

As of today, 5,375,684 catalogs have been opted out of by 437,876 people. That number is going to grow as they were just featured on the TODAY show this morning. I know I am going to collect my catalogs for a month and then opt out of most. You need to enter the customer number from the catalog to opt out, so you need the catalog to do so.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Blogger the knitrider said...

thanks for the link!

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Lisa Ryan said...

excellent link!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home