Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Friday, January 18, 2008

Eating healthy


I like to think I eat pretty healthy. I cook a lot of my meals. I am known to do a whole bunch of cooking on the weekends so I have stuff to eat during the week. And thanks to mom, I aint afraid to freeze stuff!

I heard a while ago, one of the easiest ways to eat healthier is to just shop the outside perimeter of your grocery store. Why? THAT IS WHERE THE FRESH STUFF IS! And sure enough, the above is a basic layout of my grocery store. And sure enough, I do a lot of shopping in the perimeter. When I venture into the aisles I find lots of packaged stuff loaded with sodium! That does not mean I do not go there, but I try to as little as possible.

Take note next time you are in your favorite grocery!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, Blogger Lisa Ryan said...

visualizing, visualizing... produce, fresh bread, fish, meat dairy, flowers! you are absolutely right. good rule of thumb.

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Willie Baronet said...

I feel healthier already!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home