Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Monday, January 07, 2008

Dreams


I just came across a postcard of this painting I bought at the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam and it got me to thinking ho much I really love this painting. The color, energy, and life in it! Which then got me thinking of the movie Dreams.

Flixster - Share Movies

Van Gogh's painting Wheat Field with Crows is an important element in the fifth dream in Akira Kurosawa's "Dreams." This fifth dream a brilliantly-colored vignette featuring director Martin Scorsese as Vincent Van Gogh. An art student (a character wearing Kurosawa's trademark hat who provides the POV for the rest of the film) finds himself inside the vibrant and sometimes chaotic world inside Van Gogh's artwork, where he meets the artist in a field and converses with him. The student loses track of the artist (who is missing an ear and nearing the end of his life) and travels through other works trying to find him.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home