Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Biopsy


image not my actual ultrasound

I have a lump on the left side of my neck. My doctor during my annual physical said we should have it looked at. Most likely just a lymph node, which should be removed if it is a problem. Okay.

Off to a surgeon I go to see what this is. He ultrasounded it and I got to watch. I saw my wind pipe, my thyroid, which looks just fine thank you, and then over to the side I saw my carotid artery, thick and healthy. Then cruising to the left we saw the offender. He said it looks like a cyst. Might be a lymph node. He is pretty sure it is not cancerous. He decided to take a needle biopsy. Stabbed in the neck not once, but twice (anaesthesia and then the needle biospy. OUCH!

I asked if it matters, cyst or lymph node, and if it should be removed. He said it should. Then why the biopsy? Let's remove it and then see what it is. He says let's see what it is and then remove it. Fine.

Test results should be back Thursday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home