Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Grand Rapids, MI


Poster design: Brandon Satterlee

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!

C'mon! You knew I was gone! I haven't posted the past three days!

Bad news first. I still do not have my S Clyde Weaver strawberry jam. You see, jam, considered a security risk by the TSA, if in a container larger than 3.4 oz, cannot be brought on the plane. It would have to be checked in the event that someone went JAM CRAZY while on board the plane. I have been assured it will be sent!

Good News! Had an amazing time speaking at Kendall College of Art and Design, hence the poster. Lots of talent, great teachers and damn good dining! But it was all about the students and their work. And like I said, there was great work to be seen. It was especiial nice for me to see other student work and other projects, as I often see the same projects over and over at Columbia, completely understandable, but gets kind of tired nonetheless.

My presentation was better received than I had thought it would. It was loosely titled, "The Non-Linear Inspiration of a Designer." And loose it was! It was kind of a wild ride through what I see and how I look at things differently and how it somehow infect the work I do as a designer, and inspire those I teach and INTERdependently share myself with. To briefly explain the presentation, I showed images from my right wrist x-ray to one of the worst gifts I ever received, my cat's tail, and my 5 degrees of connection to Kevin Bacon!

Will be posting some Grand Rapids highlights over the next few days!

2 Comments:

At 5:48 AM, Blogger Willie Baronet said...

very sad about the jam. and your fascination with Kevin Bacon.

 
At 1:42 AM, Blogger scarydinosaur said...

thanks for putting my poster up. More importantly thanks for letting us hang with you and your students in New York. When we wern't promoting hedonism, I remember seeing alot of great stuff. Thanx for showing us around, taking us to the portfolio review, and making sure I got home on the subway okay after too much...fun. Hope all is well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home