Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Need to rant!


It seems I have developed a new pet peeve. People asking a question but not accepting the answer NO.

Then I say do not ask me the question! If you give me the option to say what you do not want to hear, then do not run the risk of asking.

Also. . .

Why is it the burden to drive people home because I have a car. I do not offer the ride, I want to get home. They assume because we spent time together that I will just drive them home. They follow me to my car and then ask if I can drive them home. And I do not mean it is "on the way" drive me home, I do not mind that. I mean it is actually out of the way. I am going north and they live west, about 20 minutes west with traffic lights and all! So I have to go 20 minutes out of my way to drop them off and then another 20 minutes to get back on track for me. And then on the way to dropping them off they tell me how great it will be to get home, they have had a long day and are tired?! Hello? Me too!

Or you are at a bar with a friend and you ask them if they want a drink and they say yes, so you get the first round (they never reached for their money). Then they never make the same offer back to you! What the hell is that? I buy, you buy. I buy, you buy. Does it look like I own the frickin' bar. Did they win a drink free ticket? I actually paid for that beer you sucked down!

I feel a little better.

1 Comments:

At 8:20 PM, Blogger Lisa Ryan said...

Ha! that was a rant.

Do any of these rantees (yes I made that word up) read this blog? you may find that in the future your NO will be understood perfectly, you will not need to give rides anymore, and you will be the recipient of many reciprocal cocktails.

One can only hope!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home