Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Monday, November 27, 2006

Heifer Ark


I have a bit of a project I am working on. I am trying to raise money to buy an ark, not for me but for people around the world.

A Heifer International Ark is an extraordinary gift and an opportunity to help change the world.

The Ark goes around the world – Latin America, Africa, Asia, Europe and North America. Wherever there is hunger, poverty or hopelessness, Heifer delivers help with animals and training.

What does the Ark mean? It means…oxen, donkeys and water buffalo; cows, sheep and goats; even bees, chicks and rabbits; and so much more; healthy, hardy animals that will go forth and multiply, improving lives for countless families and children who will pass on the spriit of charity over and over again.

The Heifer Ark includes:
2 cows that bring milk and income to a Russian village;
2 sheep, to help families in New Mexico produce wool;
2 camels to help families in Tanzania earn income by transporting agriculture and industrial materials;
2 oxen to pull plows and carts in Uganda;
2 water buffalo to help in Indonesia in rice production with draft power;
2 pigs for families in Arkansas;
2 beehives so families can earn money through sales of honey and beeswax;
2 goats to help Haitian families provide milk for their children;
2 donkeys to help in Peru,
2 trios of ducks will help families in Ghana and generate income through the sale of eggs and birds;
2 trios of rabbits will provide food and income in Guatemala;
2 trios of guinea pigs will add protein to families in Ecuador;
2 flocks of geese will go to China and help families nutritional needs with eggs and meat;
2 flocks of chicks travel to Nepal will also help with nutrition and generate income through egg sales; and 2 llamas tagged for Bolivia which will help improve livestock bloodlines, produce wool and income for families in Bolivia.

I am starting things off with $300 and my hope is to raise the rest of the $5000 to buy the Ark within the next two weeks.

Click here to help me reach my goal.

Thanks!

2 Comments:

At 3:37 AM, Blogger Willie Baronet said...

I'm saving my money now. :-)

And I updated my post about the Kimbell in answer to your question!

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger rzdesign said...

David:

Many thanks! That is exactly what I wanted to do and even called heifer to ask how to do so. they said there wasn't a way! I knew there had to be!

This certainly makes the project easier!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home