Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Rutabaga


Who has ever eaten a rutabaga? Up until about three weeks ago, not me! But then I had some roasted rutabaga soup and have a whole new appreciation for this rather ugly, yes Lisa, I have once again labeled something ugly, root!

Not only that, but I am making roasted rutabaga soup for the Thanksgiving meal with my family.

4 Comments:

At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is one HUGE rutabaga!

and it is ugly on the outside but obviously beautiful on the inside or you would not be making soup out of it!

so what does rutabaga taste like? I have never had it!

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger rzdesign said...

Nope, kind of ugly through and through. Tasty though. Funny, ugly things can often be tasty. Have you ever seen a halibut?

They are related, very closely, to the turnip. A root vegetable, that does not have a lot of taste so they need to be seasoned up, like the soup.

 
At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, ugly things can be tasty. and ugly things can be beautiful.

I have never had turnips either. Some root vegetables I have had - beets, carrots, potatoes, & sweet potates.

and yes, I have seen a halibut thanks to you!

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Willie Baronet said...

It looks a bit like a top. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home