Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Organic veggies!


Alison* asked if I would like to join her organic veggie delivery for their winter crops. I said sure. It seemed reasonable to support local organic growers for $60, my portion, for the four months, maybe three, I keep forgetting and am afraid to ask Alison!

I am now a part of CSA, Community Sustainable Agriculture! And this was my share after dividing up between Alison and myself.
This month our box included: a head of bib lettuce, 3 large leeks, a generous bag of say 12 carrots, 2 red and one white onion, about a 5# bag of potatoes, 5 sweet potatoes, 2 golden acorn squash and another green round squash-like thing (they say it is a buttercup squash), a bottle of honey, and we got a dozen eggs!

* Yes, "chocolate-face" Alison who insists I refer to her so in all posts! She gets quite the chuckle out of it!

1 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm, a variety of squash just in time for Thanksgiving!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home