Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Fire's aftermath


This is what currently remains of the historic Dexter building designed by Adler and Sullivan. The Chicago Landmark Commission called the loss "an irreplaceable link in the chain of work of one of the nation's most important architectural partnerships."

The fire of October 24 brought the roof down which then took out all six floors. The resulting building debris, filling the basement and the first floor, was found to be pushing out the walls. The city determined that the buidling had to be brought down in a controlled way before it came down on its own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home