Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Even a piece of paper wants to be something!


"A common, ordinary brick wants to be something more than it is." It was Louis I. Kahn (1903-1974) who first posed a question in the early 1970s that has since attained legendary status within architectural circles: "What do you want, brick?" The answer, according to Kahn, is that brick wants to be an arch and not merely an infill or cladding material with no structural role.

I say the same holds true for a piece of paper. I am sure some paper dreams of being a great novel, a piece of monumnmetal legislation, or even art. Peter Callesen lets free all a piece of paper wants to be!

2 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, Blogger Lisa Ryan said...

I like this artist's work. I was just checking out his papercuts a few days ago.
Peter Callesen

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Tanya said...

Hmmmm...thought provoking. I want to be an arch too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home