Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

O


As in O My Lord! It is one of the most amazing shows I have seen and definitely the best of all Cirque shows I have seen. And to boot I saw it from the second row in a "wet seat" which meant I stood a chance getting wet, which I did!

I want to sit down with the writer/director, Franco Dragone, and just try to see in his mind what he saw and how he had the courage to say "I see a play where a 1.5 million gallon pool is the stage."

This huge pool becomes liquid to solid right before your eyes but not in front of your eyes makes you doubt what you see. One minute they are diving into the depths of the pool, the next they are dancing across the surface.

Not taking themselves too seriously, there is even a part of the show where the safety divers surface and show themselves.

Then when you think you have seen everything from umbrellas that are boats and carousel horses floating through the air, there is a thunderstorm, complete with lightening, torrential rains and pounding thunder all while zebra striped performers swing and throw themselves across a metal grid that itself moves all the while.

I have a complete and new appreciation for synchronized swimming. When given the chance to perform, you can see more than their pinched noses and pointed toes. They add mystery, texture and wonder below the surface. You never know when, where or how they will show themselves.

When in Vegas see it. SEE IT!

2 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Blogger Lisa Ryan said...

O, O, O,
I want to go!

Your description makes me want to book a flight to Vegas today. What fun.

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger rzdesign said...

you should!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home