Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Shuttlecocks


I said cocks!

But seriously! While in Kansas City, MO not KS, I visited the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art. Their sculpture gardens are great and filled with Henry Moores. But one of my favorites is Shuttlecocks by Claes Oldenburg and Coosje van Bruggen. There are five that I counted around the museum's grounds.

They are also doing an amazing expansion using channel glass that at night will be lit. Looks really exciting.

I am still snickering to myself about saying cocks!

2 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Blogger Marc Fink said...

The glowing custom channel glass at the Nelson-Atkins addition was created with LINIT channel glass distributed in North America by Bendheim Wall Systems and produced in Germany by Lamberts, more information at www.nelson-atkins.org/expansion/bloch_glass.cfm. The light scattering ability of the low iron, Solar texture, sandblasted LINIT glass is enhanced by Okapane, an acrylic insulating interlayer from Schott. For other LINIT projects, go to www.bendheimwall.com, and when you have questions about using LINIT channel glass for your distinctive projects, call Marc Fink at BWS, 800-221-7379.

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger rzdesign said...

Well thank you for that non-paid commercial Marc Fink!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home