Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Street Tromp L'oile

I showed my students the 3D Rooms, yesterday's post. They come back with this!

This is street art from Julian Beever. They are chalk drawings that rise up from the surface of the street. Julian Beever is an English artist who's famous for his art on the pavement of England, France, Germany, Australia and Belgium.

Here is what another looks like when viewed from the right direction.

And if you look at it from the wrong direction, it looks like this!

And a few others just for fun!




This one fooled many people into actually walking around it!


Why do I love my job? Other than the two day work week and the summers off and other perks, it would have to be the STUDENTS! They are into everything and are willing to share. And I learn as much from them as hopefully they do from me.

3 Comments:

At 10:23 PM, Blogger mace said...

This is ridiculously cool. And it completely freaked Thales out. She's still yelling about it. Thanks for posting!

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger rzdesign said...

for more check out Julian Beever

Batman & Robin is great! And there is a globe too!

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Sheba Brooks Moore said...

thanks for info about Doublestitch...I checked out their site and it was amazing and inspiring...That was just what I was looking for...U made my day...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home