Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Piggy Banks

Since I referred to these on another blog, I thought I would share them here in order of currency contained within!

The one on the left holds pennies. It is the largest, r gets to be the largest as it expands as the bank fills. Yes, it is made of wood and expands. It is one long coil that makes it able to do so.

Next is the milk bottle holding milk money from grammar school also known as nickels.

The dimes in the next bank will be hard to get to as this is an old fashion bank that once money is put in, you need to break the bank to get it out. Of course with enough shaking, coins will drop back out of the slot!

COINK! is the last bank on the right. I first saw it at the MoMA store and treated myself to it as an after Christmas present. It is perfect for quarters. My previous bank was a folk art bank made of welded tin, below, and it could not withstand the weight of the quarters.

8 Comments:

At 4:42 PM, Blogger Lisa Ryan said...

I like how you have a different bank for each currency!

And cool how the 1st pig's tummy grows as you add quarters.

Nice collection.

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger rzdesign said...

The first little piggy has pennies!

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Lisa Ryan said...

oops! pennies then.
any idea now many it holds when at its fullest?

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger rzdesign said...

I have no idea. A lot though! I actually broke one bank just like it when I put all my change in it. Wood only bends so far! Luckily I was able to get another the following summer at the street fair that I got the first!

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger mace said...

I love it. COINK! May be my favorite.

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger rzdesign said...

COINK! is pretty cool!

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Lisa Ryan said...

I think the folk art pig is my favorite. Maybe you could store your foreign coins in him.

and do you have a cash cow?

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger rzdesign said...

If you notice, look closely, you will see the belly of the folk pig fell out. That is why I needed to get a new quarter bank. He needs repair.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home