Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Mark Wagner's Money


I made it to the show today. Mark Wagner's Money Collages at the Western Exhibition gallery.

It was a small show but really interesting. The show also had much of the documentation of each, or at least several, of the pieces. The four shown are my favorites as they simply take a single dollar bill, and transform it into something else. The names of the pieces are very unspecific and talk more about what they look like, than what they seem to say about money. I have my own personal interpretation, but that is mine. I am sure you may have your own story to be told which these could easily illustrate.


There was another set of pieces that were very Victorian in feel. Delicate little pictures constructed from money, all one dollar bills but several were most likely used. They were also placed within a wide formal printed border to set them off like jewels.


Lastly there was a larger series called Liberty and Freedom. These were quite large pieces that used currency as the artists medium more than anything else. They too were quite elaborate in their detail and attention to the printed image on the currency.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home