Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Southwest Airlines


Traveling. Can't get enough of it. I most recently went to Louisville, as you loyal readers know. I did not purchase my ticket but was given a ticket on Southwest Airlines. They really do call it an airlines! It all starts at the airport when you see people sitting on the floor by the gate door as if they are waiting for concert tickets to go on sale. Then you have the open seating which is dumb as hell. Because you know the first person on the plane will just stand by the first row and thus block everyone else from boarding even though there are plenty of people waiting! THEN, you would think you were in a grade school cafeteria with everyone saving seats for their friends.

The most amazing thing is they actually have groups to board by. Here is a breakdown.
Group A - You will sit in the first seven rows and will stand there while you prevent anyone else from getting by you while boarding. You will then hold every seat around you making boarding even more difficult.

Group B - You are the people who then have to battle with Group A for a decent seat and usually are friends of or related to Group A as they are holding seats for you.

Group C - You will be sitting in the back of the plane and most likely in center seats. Groups A and B laugh at you as you board the plane.

Before everyone is even seated the polo shirt khaki pant wearing flight attendants are taking drink orders. Where am I? Some bar in the air? Then if you are lucky enough to get a window seat so you can lean up against the wall to snooze, you can look out the window and see southwest.com on the wing! Do they consider this advertising? It reminds me more of writing on a bathroom wall!

The overall Southwest experience for me is kind of like a Greyhound bus ride with wings. Cheap, but you aint gonna want to do it again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home