Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Monday, October 24, 2005

Flat pennies


These are three flat pennies from the Frazier Arms (arms as in munitions not limbs) Museum in Louisville. I love flat pennies. Who can dispute a genuine souvenir for the total cost of .51ยข?

Well there are those that say it is a huge scam. They say that your quarters drop into a collection box in the machine as does the penny your drop in with the intent to be flattened. They say the machine is loaded up with already flattened and imprinted pennies of all the designs the machine has. So it is NOT your penny that actually gets pressed but a ready made one that is simply dispensed.

Even if that is the case, I like to believe otherwise, and that the penny I put in is being pressed as I turn the handle.

3 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, Blogger mace said...

Soooo ... who cares if it's not the actual penny, really? I mean, it's useless, no matter what, you know?

I think you're right, Richardo. I think it's a fun souvenir that I partake in as well.

(you know, there is the occasional machine that not only shows you the flattening, but shows you the drop from the slot TO the flattening.)

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger rzdesign said...

I know that but this person, Bryce Hudson from Louisville, said he has taken a machine apart and have found them to be a huge scam! Butthen again, he took a little too much joy in bursting that bubble!

 
At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a nice collection of these, and I'm still the second anonymous!
Be frightent!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home