Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Horse, bats and booze


Yup, that's Louisville! Had a great time and saw some great work. Strangest thing though. In Louisville, or at least the area around as well, when you see a horse in a logo, it is a logo for a horse, a horse breeder, a horse stable, a horse trainer or something else. But it will directly relate back to a horse. The horse is NOT a metaphor for anything.

One of my favorite and most surprising entries was for a brochure that was basically pimping out Smarty Jones. Thta's right! For the right amount of money Smarty Jones will get to know your horse intimately!

It is the right time of year to think bats, however, In Louisville bats are the baseball type as it is home to Louisville Slugger. WAYYYYYYYY cool! It was the one thing I and the other judge, Paul Elledge wanted to see. Luckily we were judging right across the street from the museum/factory! My personalized bat will be in my hands in a couple of weeks!

Maker's Mark. From the airport bar to the gift shop, it is all about the mark, Maker's Mark. Jack is around, but not as much as Mark.

The dining was great too. Jack Fry's, from what I read, one of the finest restaurants in Louisville and the North End Cafe. Jenn amnd I partook in breakfast at Lynn's Paradise Cafe. They like the word Cafe in Louisville. Did not have Hot Brown, a Louisville favorite, but I have the original recipe from the Brown Hotel. It is an open face sandwich of turkey, cheese sauce and bacon. Also had shrimp and grits, a local must have it seems.

Most important, the people are all kind and warm. Sometimes to friendly even. The inn keeper at the B&B we stayed, The Inn at the Park, just wanted to talk and talk and talk and talk and talk. I think that is why she runs a B&B and me being an old grizzled city folk just wasn't much up for the talking.

I am looking forward to the Derby in May and returning to see some of the many sights not seen this visit.

3 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Blogger mace said...

Interesting.

You know, being from Terre Haute, I have no real love for Louisville, and find it interesting that someone is so into it.

All the info was cool, thanks for sharing!

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger rzdesign said...

Maybe it was just the really big bat that got me going?!

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Willie Baronet said...

Richard, I have the same exact photo of that bat! So cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home