Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Friday, September 23, 2005

Everything I do always comes back to me


Stefan Sagmeister presented some of his work at the AIGA National Conference. Part of his talk was his year off self exploration. During that time off he discovered several things about himself and what he does, and put it down on paper.
Here is his list:
• Complaining is silly. Either act or forget.
• Thinking life will be better in the future is stupid. I have to live now.
• Being not truthful works against me.
• Helping other people helps me.
• Organizing a charity group is surprisingly easy.
• Everything I do always comes back to me.
• Drugs feel great in the beginning and become a drag later on.
• Over time I get used to everything and start taking it for granted.
• Money does not make me happy.
• Traveling alone is helpful for new perspective on life.
• Assuming is stifling.
• Keeping a diary supports my personal development.
• Trying to look good limits my life.
• Worrying solves nothing.
• Material luxuries are best enjoyed in small doses.
• Having guts always works for me.

He then took some of these and gave them a visual interpretation. Those creations were later used in .copy magazine as section dividers.

1 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger Willie Baronet said...

That's his wisdom for a year of self exploration? Cutting himself for that AIGA poster must have taken its toll. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home