Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Friday, September 09, 2005

Gardens of Glass


Dale Chihuly, Gardens of Glass, Garfield Park Conservatory, Chicago, 2002

Glass. I have now blown glass three times. I have made paperweights, small vases and most recently a Roman bottle. Blowing glass is magical. The medium, molten glass, is essentially liquid. You're sculpting with liquid. It is seductive, and moves like thick honey, constantly moving until it cools to about 900 degrees, and the moment freezes in the glass.

1 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, Blogger Lisa Ryan said...

I have to admit I'm hooked! Loved the whole process and my roman vase. I'm going back this fall to try something new.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home