Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Lycopene


ly·co·pene: noun
Etymology: International Scientific Vocabulary lycop- (from New Latin Lycopersicon, genus of herbs) + -ene
: a carotenoid pigment C40H56 that is the red coloring matter of the tomato

Lycopene, which is present in grapefruit, tomatoes, and watermelon, have been linked to reduce the risk of some cancer.

I really do not like tomatoes. Never have. I will eat them as a sauce, but raw? Forget it! Not even chopped up in a salad or on a burger. And don't try hiding them inside a sandwich wrap or burrito! I will find them and pick each piece out. I do like grapefruit and watermelon.

1 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, Blogger rzdesign said...

And those tomatoes are homegrown grape tomatoes. These were from Mondays harvest. They made a great sauce.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home