Zeidland

Welcome to my world! I always thought it would be fun to be the ruler of my own place, and now I can be! I see it as an island within a big city full of life, culture and lots of laughter. Consider yourself a citizen.

Monday, June 23, 2008

China Retrospective


After the trip to China, the group decided to create some sort of retrospective. The goals were to remembere the trip and experience with personal expressions of the trip, and secondly, we are hoping to somehow use what is created to raise funds for the earthquake relief effort.

The effort os taking two forms, a poster and a t-shirt design simply expressing each traveler's expereinice.

Above is what I created. I was actung and designing all seriously and all. It took Kara to remind me of the fun I had and Pee Pee Boy (for more on Pee Pee Boy and what he does, click here ). So remembering Pee Pee Boy, Tea, China, and this wonderful entry signal at a hotel gift shop, I created the shown poster also to be applied to a t-shirt!

A simple explanation. A gift shop at our hotel had a signal when customers walked in. I could have sworn it said Ni Hao! Horny Horny, followed by a ding ding chime! What it said was not that but the Chinese on the left that translates to How are you (ni hao) we appreciate your business, or something close to that! Pee Pee Boy was a treat found at a visit to a tea house in China. He pees when water hot enough for tea is poured over him as the video shows!

Everytime I look at it, it makes me smile and brings back the laughter of the amazing group of travelers I met on a two-week expedition to China!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Blogger KaraMia said...

you're welcome :-) love your t-shirt design.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home